Thanks Keto SubReddit. This sounds amazing!
Sugar-free jello parfaits:
1. Boil 1 cup water (this is the most complicated part)
2. Put jello powder in a large mixing cup (easier to pour) & stir
3. Stir in another 1 cup cold water
4. Pour HALF of the liquid into parfait cups (filling them only halfway) & put them in the fridge
5. Put the rest of the jello in the fridge
6. Keep an eye on it. About 1/2hr later, the remaining jello should start to gel.
7. To 1/2cup of heavy whipping cream, add vanilla extract and sweetener to taste (I use 1/2 tsp Stevia powder and a capful of extract). Whip to a whippity whip.
8. Fold the whipped whipping cream into the semi-gelled jello. Add the frothy mixture to the tops of the parfait cups & return them to the fridge.
9. Wait another 1/2hr to 1hr for the parfaits to fully gel.
- Make two packages of sugar-free jello at the same time, putting whipping cream in half of each (or all of one and none of the other). Then you can make two-tone parfaits.
- Wait until the remaining jello is fully gelled and use a hand-mixer to break it up into smallish bits. Then add in the whipped cream. You can make a triple-layer parfait by using three different jello flavors- but it makes so much you'll be eating parfaits for a week. SOME people think that's a problem...